The Center for Child Protection exists for one purpose: to protect children. Our vision is to establish a standard of care for victims of child abuse and neglect that protects the health, safety and welfare of all children. Our team is available around the clock to Child Protective Services (CPS) caseworkers, law enforcement and medical providers throughout the state of Michigan.
Among our services:
- Outpatient medical evaluations to prevent, identify, diagnose and treat child abuse and neglect
- Coordination of services among providers and agencies
- Facilitation of referrals to the right resources
- Forensic medical evaluations
- Case reviews
- Second opinions
- Training, education, research and prevention programs
- Expert medical testimony
- Positive parenting programs
We accomplish our goals through education, clinical practice and research, and the help of 40 caring professionals.
Reporting Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect
Certain professionals are required by law to report possible child abuse or neglect. Anyone with a suspicion of a case of abuse or neglect may also make a report.
- If you believe an emergency situation exists, call 911.
- For information or to report a case of suspected abuse or neglect in Kent County, call 616. 248.9600. This line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- For information or to report a case of suspected abuse or neglect in other Michigan counties, call 800. 942.4357.
Resources for Parents
How to Help a Child After a Traumatic Event
Never, Ever Shake a Baby
Parenting Education Programs
545 Michigan Street NE, Suite 203
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503