Preparing for Your Visit to Pediatric Neurology
Preparing for Your First Visit
- When scheduling, ask how long you should plan for the visit. The time can vary based on your child's situation.
- Plan to pay any co-pay at the time of your visit.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany the child.
What to Bring
- All current medications in original containers
- Insurance cards
- A list of your child's developmental milestones
- Any school reports/written notes from your child's teacher(s)
- Any test results that have been done outside of Spectrum Health hospitals or care locations (related to this condition)
- Fill out our new patient form
What to Expect
- At the appointment, we will review your child's medical history and any prior test results.
- The results of the evaluation and recommendations will be forwarded to your child's primary care physician.
- If needed, a follow-up visit will be scheduled to discuss results of any further testing. If there is a change in the treatment plan or a new diagnosis, you will be contacted for an appointment sooner.