Need Help Paying for Prescriptions?
These resources offer medications at a discounted rate. Some programs have qualifying criteria.
Some pharmacies also have medication discount programs for certain medications:
• Meijer offers some free antibiotics
• Wal-Mart has $4 and $10 prescriptions
• Family Fare has $4 prescriptions
• Target has $4 cost for many generic prescriptions
The MiRx Card- Michigan Prescription Drug Discount Card
A free program that provides discounts on many prescription drugs for low income individuals.
• Call the MiRx hotline at 1-866-755-6479.
• Apply online at michigan.gov/mdch.
Prescription Assistance Programs:
Many pharmaceutical companies will offer their medications either free or at a reduced cost based on a person's household income.
• access2wellness.com or call 866.317.2775
• pparxmi.com or pparx.org
• everyonesrx.com or call 1.866.353.3763
In Kent County:
The Medication Assistance Program provides coordinated access to some prescription medications for Kent County residents whose income meets their criteria. To participate, you cannot be eligible for any government-sponsored prescription program. You can find more information at [Link to: www.kenthealthplan.org/pap.aspx.]
Outside of Kent County:
Contact your local Department of Human Services office for available programs and assistance.